Influence can hold template documents specifically for each type of record in the system (Candidates, Clients, Contacts, Vacancies and Placements). Simply clicking on the Template icon from the [Docs] tab of any of these records will create a blank, partially completed template of the specific document which can then be completed and stored against that record.
Any of these stored templates can then be attached to emails or journals, and easily sent out.
It is possible to create up to 10 of these workflow documents for each record type (ie. 10 for Candidates, 10 for Clients, 10 for Vacancies, etc)
To Create a New workflow document
- Login to Influence as ADM (Administrator)
- Choose Maintenance > Setup > Parameters. Once the parameters open, choose File > Open.
- Select the relevant parameter set for the area you wish to add the document to
|ENIGMACLI||Choose this to add new document templates to Client records|
|ENIGMACND||Choose this to add new document templates to Candidate records|
|ENIGMAVAC||Choose this to add new documents templates to Vacancy records|
|CONDOCS||Choose this to add new document templates to Contacts|
|PLACEMENT||Choose this to add new documents templates to the Placement record*|
Choose the [TEXT] tab, and enter a name for the new document in the “value” column in the next free slot of the document items (1-10)
- Enter a 3-digit pre-fix for this document in the “Document Prefix” slot.
e.g. If you added Terms & Conditions as Document 3 (item 3), then you could to put the three digit prefix (TAC) into slot 13, “Document Prefix 3”
- Click [Apply] to save these new documents, and then click [OK] to save & exit from the parameters, and close the Tools menu.
The above process has told the system that a new template is required. Next, you will have to actually create the template that this workflow document will call upon.
How to create the actual template.
- From the Maintenance > Tools > Template Maintenance
- Ensure you have selected WORD at the top/centre of the screen.
- Type a new name into “Template Document” next to the button with 3-little-dots.
- Then press If editing an existing document, then you do not need to enter a new document name, and can simply click the dots to find the existing document to edit.
- You will then be able to complete the “Description” with a description of your document.
- Use the drop-down to choose the correct “Template for” area (Candidates, Vacancies, etc)
- Use the dropdown to select the “Document Type” – The new document you created is stage 1 should be there, so choose this.
- Tick “Save Created Document”, Click [Apply] and then click “Edit Template”.
- Once you have clicked “Edit Template” you can use MS Word to create the template.
- To add fields from influence to your template, simply choose the relevant field from the list in the ‘Template Editor’ pane, and double-click the field.
- When you are happy with the template you have created, simply click “Save” in MS Word.
|Tip: Don't click 'save as' in word. Just click the save icon.|
- Finally, check that the new document exists and works
- Go to the area where you added the document, and choose the [Docs] tab
(In our example, Clients > Documents, then view click the MS Word/Template Icon to create a new document)
In the example above we can see the newly created ‘Graeme’s New Client Document’
To create one, simply click on the MS Word Icon next to GEDC0001.doc
Keywords: Creat, New, Workflow, Template, Documents
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article